August 11, 2009

BYJ's message for opening of Iwayama UA Museum

Iwayama Urushi Art Museum HP



congratulations message on renewal opening of Iwayama Lacquer Art Museum

Greetings, I am Bae Yong Joon.

I send my sincere congratulations on renewal opening of Iwayama Lacquer Art Museum.

I hope Iwayama Lacquer Art Museum which renewed in new style will expand as a global art space to spread the beauty of lacquer art to many people.

Lacquer has couple thousand years of history in East including Japan, China and Korea.
Started as a natural paint, and now it is applied as delicate beautiful art in various areas, and sublimed as many wonderful artworks.
I wish lacquer art which have eternal history be loved by many people and to develop further.
As honorary director, I would work to pass along the beauty of lacquer art and usefulness to the world.

I hope people would feel sensation and inspiration in life through this Iwayama Lacquer Art Museum.

Thank you

Bae Yong Joon

(sorry, it took a bit of time to finish the translation, forgive my poor English vocaburary)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
a nice sister send me a photo of the flowers at the opening of Iwayama Urushi Art Museum on 1 August 2009.
thank you!!

arayo @ BYJ Gallery had posted a photo of the flowers that we sent from makiko's blog.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
news video from TV Iwate News PLUS 1